March 18, 2024

Once the Rain (2020)

the sun comes out to shine after it rains
what used to hurt now gives me no pain



i transfer files by the tea sea pea
i know full well what you mean to me


the waves now reach out for the moon
you always leave me much too soon


i recognize the night
i only fear that which gives me fright


i greet each new sunrise
what made me smart now makes me wise


thy will be done
i don't party now that i am having fun


i know which way to go
i don't prune what needs to grow


i can sleep through the night
i no longer feel the need to fight


i can read everything i write
i can see everything in sight


i don't race every time i run
i don't stop until i know i'm done


i only love those who love me back
i postponed my most recent heart attack


i've the courage to be brave
i rescue everyone that i can save


i remember love
i can push without giving a shove


thanks to you before each thing i say
thanks to you i don't have to cry to pray

written four years ago
.


No comments: