April 18, 2024

Allie

 a breeze of lone despair blew me to an empty door … one I had gone thru many troubled times before … a moment of  automotive desperation began to turn me inside out … when I looked up to see a desert dream to ask  what I was all about


Her name is Allie


Only this new morning did I realize if she gave me a spring chance … was this an end to one dead life giving pause to advance … a new job is enough to grant me thanks to begin again … just calm and wake up grateful to start with a new friend


Allie


Short for Allison?


Allie


A baseball cap and brilliant smile … WAKE UP! You are on the clock! You need to find the pieces of your act and get it back together!


Worried about my son … BE HERE NOW! Get things done … registration! Condemnation! Don’t go now losing your fool head! Let the memory of her motivate instead


No more poems. Just do. 


Life is being given back. 


She is just a daydream. Maybe make her  happen. Maybe she has another that isn’t me.  


….


Dying is a safe house path in tomb … no need for love to die too soon … there’s no flower that needs me near … they will bloom whether or not you’re here


Come to life that has left me just to get by … take comfort knowing you have nothing left to lie … take courage now let no one wait … wake up now don’t procrastinate …there’s no fear in letting go … what was once has to go … what I  had was not enough … fix what time it is now before it gets too tough


It’s good to have a new shiny hair memory goal … let her be. Let her roam wild. Let her go.  


.


When the rain wash sheds you clean you’ll know. 

You will know. Ah, you’ll know. 

No comments: