April 27, 2024

It's The Shinbone in the Alley

she knew before the break of our Dennys grand dawn … it would cost her only seven years before she would be moving on … like a bomb of blindfold ice-cube love she knew how long her mortal fuse … what she needed to recreate she had no intention to abuse … she told me over pancakes that she wasn’t yet a woman in love … never to have a kid she fit like a latex inner glove


each night in the moment I would catch her in my eye … I would pick her up to lift her spinning in the sky … even when the rough times came her eyes could always look down at me to tell … she said my eyes always told her there would never be a doubt … she never made me put her down and a smile in her scream to shout


In good times she would laugh until she peed … she mocked me for my softball scrapes but she was tougher than any thing that made her bleed … when her ex-husband was in town she let me drive her to his hotel … because I knew exactly where she stood it never felt like hell


never once was there a night too late … never was there a fatigue or ear ringing that a simple kiss one could make that made the other wait … it wasn’t from any drugs as much as bites and burns from motel 6 rugs … hiding well the bruises and play vampire bites … always dressed for work her dress slacks were dark and never too tight … 


not since when I met my first wife was I forced underground … hiding hickeys and back scratches hidden from neighborhood girls who wished on me a quick pound … keeping off me any scent lest any one of her dog pack whiff downwind … pouring perfectly good liquor all over me stinking of tanqueray gin … for weeks I threw off everyone off the bloodhound trail that might end at the gnarled feet of my future-ex fiancĂ© … only caught when I left behind tickets to rick James found hiding my late teens white beyonce 


blaming karma pointing to a bald spot in my near future road tricks… I knew my time was short by new years eve number six … the female axl rose now danced with open eyes looking over my shoulder … I saw the fade in emerald that I’ll not be long to let me hold her   


no more getting pushed out childhood windows because of her mom and dad … I know I’ll miss her really bad but always they will live each memory we ever had 


I sang to her soon dead cat … she’s saying bye to us both with new door mats … no animosity between … I cherished every night we had human fun … because I knew how many I had left until they were all gone … when I knew it was up all my time … I enjoyed each one when they were all mine


we speak no more … well wishes languish at her email door … she’s in Rome each year when my birthday comes … all I needs a pack of tums … to settle the stomach ache … before crawling up my throat to take … she’ll sent it late on time to always forget … because she always knew what I meant … she knew I loved her til her love fuse end … there’s no scar that anyone can tell all my friends … no relatives ever say anything bad … only hard living good memories we will always never again have …


there are ways to use up other people’s time … tasteful, while provocative it doesn’t need to crush someone else’s heart and tortured mind … some just have enough class while some just make things for others worse … in everyone’s different life we all have our blessings … its how we know when we’re in the middle of those who pass onto others Their Lifelong Curse


.


different strokes for … different folks so … mind your manner and go easy on the ethnic jokes itsa … dumb bell curve you’re … trying to tally … all the way to … shinbone alley 


.


the cursed are conspicuous in their absence. see?

 

No comments: